El Medano is a fishing village that has grown into a tourist town. What used to be a sleepy (albeit windy) kind of hidden from the mainstream tourist has developed into an easily accessible urban hotspot.
- Good bus connection to get around on the island (lines 483, 470, 116).
- A taxi stand in the town center.
- The tourist office (right next to the taxi stand) is helpful for finding things to do, searching for accommodation and calling a taxi.
- Services of all daily activities in the village
- Many small shops of various sectors
- A long list of hair salons and manicure studios
- Organic foods at TodoNatural, also offer supplies for babies
- Post office (from 9:00 to 13:00)
- Restaurants to pick and choose
- 3 supermarkets, 2 laundry salons, 2 travel agencies, 3 ice-cream parlors and a video rental shop
- A number of banks available in town (open daily from 9:00 to 14:00 except weekends and bank holidays)
- Caja Canarias (now La Caixa)
- Two gas stations nearby:
- CEPSA (2 mins drive)
- Tgas (3 mins drive)
- Catholic church in town
- Bike rental close to the harbour (mountain bikes and road bikes)
- Quality skate park next to the football field
- Pool tables in various bars (some well maintained ones in Paseo 24 on the prommenade with a view on the bay)