El Médano Food and Drinks
As El Médano has grown, so has the number of bars and restaurants. There are a few:
- Directly next to the SURF CENTER you have the bar of the Hotel Playa Sur.
- The surfer bar Flashpoint is right on the windsurfing beach.
- Pretty much every nationality is represented culinarily (and even more options if you look outside of El Médano): Canarian, Chinese, Italian, German, French, Japanese.
- Food types range from fast food to vegetarian (even vegan).
- In a two week holiday you can visit a different quality restaurant every day.
- All establishments are used to non-Spanish speaking guests.
- You can sit outside all year round – even in winter.
- The price for wine and beer is unbeatable (where else in Europe have you seen pint of beer at 1,60 € ?).
- in Los Abrigos (5 mins drive away) you can find the hotspot for fish and seafood lovers.
- Steaks, lobster and other tasty things at crazy low prices.
- In the villages less affected by tourism (where they don’t use printed menus and add up the bill on the paper tablecloth) you can find incredibly good Canarian cuisine at local prices.
- If you want to make your own food you have three major supermarkets to choose from.
- An organic food market every Saturday in San Isidro (5 minutes drive away)
- A helth foods store („Todo Natural“) in the village.
- Supplies for babies (food, nappies, etc.) available
- Tobacco and spirits are cheaper here than in the duty free area
- For ice cream lovers there are 3 ice cream parlors with home-made ice cream
- Sometimes special events, organized for the region